Right now, the Microsoft Build Conference is being held in Anaheim, California, with the program the new version of its much-anticipated Windows 8 operating system. And now you can download the Developer Preview version of Windows 8 for free without activation or MSDN account. To try urgently!
Download Windows 8 Developer Preview
3 versions are available for download:
Of course, this version is just a preview, i.e. it does not represent the final version of the product and therefore you use it at your own risk.
Note that you cannot uninstall Windows 8 Developer Preview: to restore your previous OS you need to use a partition/disk/USB recovery key. Finally, installing Windows 8 from Windows Vista or 7 keeps your user accounts, files and settings. An installation from XP does not keep your settings (only files and accounts).
This is the same as for Windows Vista and Windows 7 either:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or more 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- Vivid memory: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Disk space: 16 GB available (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 compatible graphics card
- A multitouch screen to benefit from the touch experience
Watch Keynote Windows 8 (Build Conference)
If you want to review the Build Conference on Windows 8, go to the official website without further delay:
Windows 8: revolution or evolution?